Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Playoff Hustle: Can't. Cure. Ugly. Face.

Much has been said about Bron-Bron's penchant for the ugly face. Blah. Blah. Blah. I don't know if that was the sickest gamewinner I've ever seen... but I've never seen anything like it. Lebron James... winner, winner.

Poor Gilbert Arenas (who my girlfriend and her roommate from Maryland have lovingly renamed Gilby) had his best efforts foiled again. Stealing the ball, flying coast to coast for what I'm sure all of D.C. thought was the game-winner, only to have to watch Lebron do this.

My girlfriend's roommate still can't mentally ascertain what happened. It's beyond her grasp. In her plane of existence, it is always May 3, 2006, Washington up 120-119 with 3.6 seconds left on the clock. We're too frightened to break it to her, fearing the news would cause major cerebral damage on account of shock. This pic from Deadspin is for her. And so is this.


The Cavalier over at Yay! NBA can't hardly gather his thoughts either, but he's cognizant enough to suggest Jeff Van Gundy (whose been covering the Cavs-Wizards series) might be making not-so-subtle digs at Tracy McGrady. Well, I'm sure Gilby "really, really want[ed]" it. But...

The Wizznutzz are understandably upset.

They wrote a song about it. They'd like you to hear it. Here it go.

Ugly face photo by REUTERS/Ron Kuntz.

2 comments:

Dagromm said...

Your site is blogtastic. I'll be coming back.

train said...

your site is blogeriffic! i will definitly be back. no rub.