Thursday, February 07, 2008

Interpreting Webber's Dream

Sometimes a player can say something to make you like him again...

Steve Kroner of the San Francisco Chronicle: "On Nov. 9, 1993, Webber played in his first NBA game when the Warriors took on Olajuwon and the eventual champion Rockets in Oakland. Webber had missed the first two games of that season because of an ankle injury. After Wednesday's practice, Webber said he remembered his first pro game 'like it was yesterday,' even though it took place more than 14 years ago. 'I remember everything Hakeem Olajuwon had on and how he looked,' Webber said. 'The first play of the game, I told Latrell (Sprewell), 'I'm not going to play. I'm just going to look and take this moment in.' ... I'm glad they didn't pass to Hakeem. I just remember looking at his legs and his arms, how tall he was. He was somebody I admired my whole life.'"

No comments: