Sunday, May 08, 2005

Rockets are history

May 8, 2005, 1:50AM

Margin of defeat sets record for scoring futility in a Game 7

By JONATHAN FEIGEN
Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle
Boxscore

DALLAS - The Rockets heard the rumble and felt the ground shake, until they looked up to see what was heading their way like roadkill does when it is too late to do anything but know it's over.

The Mavericks hit the Rockets faster and harder than they had in any game of the series until the Rockets were splattered in their path. As if overwhelmed by the realization that only the season's end was awaiting them, the Rockets finally cracked.

The Mavericks pounded the Rockets from start to finish, rolling to a 116-76 rout — the worst Rockets playoff loss, Mavericks' biggest playoff rout and most lopsided rout in a Game 7.

"I'm disgusted," Rockets guard Tracy McGrady said. "I'm real mad. I'm angry. All that stuff. At the same time, I won't hang my head. I will be back next year. I will be back. This is all going to make me tougher. I never will fold. I'll be back. My team will be back and we will come back stronger and better."


ROCKETS Q&A
Chronicle writer Jonathan Feigen takes your questions about the Rockets. Send your questions here.

NBA PLAYOFFS 2005
ROCKETS vs. MAVERICKS
Dallas wins best-of-7 series, 4-3
Game 1: Rockets 98, Mavs 86 Photos, Box
Game 2: Rockets 113, Mavs 111 Photos, Box
Game 3: Mavs 106, Rockets 102 Photos, Box
Game 4: Mavs 97, Rockets 93 Photos, Box
Game 5: Mavs 103, Rockets 100 Photos, Box
Game 6: Rockets 101, Mavs 83 Photos, Box
Game 7: Mavs 116, Rockets 76 Photos, Box

LISTEN TO REACTION:
Jeff Van Gundy: • Game 7: Mavs pounded usOn defensive effort
Tracy McGrady: • We couldn't defend anybodyThis loss will make me stronger
FAN FORUM: •
Post your comments about playoffs

ROCKETS BY THE NUMBERS• ScheduleMovementsRosterDepth chart

No comments: